I stayed at Sunset Beach with a group of 4 ladies.
We loved every minute of our stay and for the price we paid could not fault it at all.
- Nice pool, plenty of seats at all times of the day
- Nice rooms, made up every day
- wonderful cleaning staff who take very good care of guests
- excellent location approx. 1.5km from the heart of Patong (Bangla Road)
- away from the hustle and bustle, feels very peaceful and like a haven but you don't miss out on a thing.
- shuttle goes into town every half hour
- convenient services nearby (general store, restaurant, street stalls).
- beautiful variety of restaurants nearby and prices too.
Areas for improvement
- The hotel staff (excluding the housekeeping staff) are a little disengaged with the guests. Not rude by any measure, but more like if you want to find something out, you have to make sure you are the one to ask it. When we first arrived, no one really tells you about the procedures and processes of the hotel (e.g. check out time, wifi info, how often your rooms are made, how the shuttle works). In saying this, all of this information can be found out eventually by brochures in your room etc.
- Personal preference: I would have liked more variety of food options at breakfast.
- Instead of staff coming to replenish your drinks at the pool, you have to order each one with the staff at the bar. Not a terrible thing, but I probably would have consumed more if someone was coming and taking my order.
Overall a wonderful and amazing holiday. We loved every minute of it and 10/10 would stay at Sunset Beach again in a heart beat. We're already trying to gather a group of friends and family for another holiday in the new year.
L, ER & L