Travel through the heart of Australia on the ultimate rail journey across the continent. Created 150 years ago by early Afghan Cameleers you will travel through some of the world’s most diverse and incredible terrains witnessing ever changing landscapes and creating life long memories every step of the way.
From the moment you step off the platform in Adelaide you will discover the true meaning of luxury travel. Enjoy all-inclusive fare with mouth-watering cuisine such as grilled kangaroo fillet and saltwater Barrumundi prepared and served in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant. Large picture windows offering stunning views of the ever-changing landscape as you travel north towards the great Top End.
Along the way you will have the opportunity to step off the train into the remote reaches of the Outback to witness the stunning landscapes.
- Experience exceptional world-class service, exquisite cuisine, breathtaking landscapes and the spirit of the outback aboard The Ghan – Australia’s most iconic luxury train!
- Savor the flavors of the outback with opulent onboard fine dining including seafood tasting plates, regional cheese, gourmet game, fine wine and so much more.
- Learn about traditional Aboriginal way of life with a visit to the Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Center.
- Experience the world heritage listed Kakadu National Park and see for yourself why it makes so many traveller's bucket lists. The natural blend of expansive flood plains, mangrove fringed coastal areas and forest habitats make the Kakadu one of the most diverse landscapes on the planet.
- See an abundance of bird life and a habitat that is home to 1000’s of saltwater crocodiles on a Yellow Water Billabong Cruise.
- Relax with ample free time to explore Darwin, Australia’s only tropical capital city. Visit its galleries, learn the history of the bombing of Darwin, Cyclone Tracey and the wonderful Mindl markets.
Upgrades are available upon request at an additional cost. Ask one of our Travel Experts when enquiring for more information.
- One way economy class airfare from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to Adelaide.
- 2 Nights on The Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin in a Gold Service Twin Cabin.
- All onboard meals, Drinks, Excursions and Activities.
- Transfer from the train station to your hotel.
- 3 nights in Darwin at the Skycity Darwin
- Kakadu National Park Explorer Tour.
- Bonus Darwin City Sights Tour
- One way economy class airfare from Darwin to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane or Adelaide
Begin your holiday with a flight to Adelaide. (Make your own way to the train station)
Your journey through the fiery Red Centre begins the moment the train pulls away from the platform in Adelaide. The next three days will be packed full of excitement as you travel in luxury through spectacular, untouched and ruggedly beautiful landscapes. Lunch is served shortly after leaving Adelaide and it is now time to sit back, relax and watch the stunning countryside pass you by.
Marla & Alice Springs
Enjoy a short stop this morning in Marla allowing you to witness a truly unforgettable Outback sunrise with a freshly brewed coffee or juice. Then it is back on the train as you travel through the majestic MacDonnell Ranges on your way to Alice springs. Not far from Alice Springs in the Red Centre, you can also visit natural wonders like Palm Valley, Ayers Rock (Uluru), The Olgas (Kata Tjuta) and Kings Canyon.
Katherine & Darwin
Your final day on the Ghan dawns in the tropical north and another delightful breakfast is served. More extraordinary excursions are on hand at Katherine before enjoying lunch on the train and heading for your final destination of Darwin; arriving as early evening falls.
Kakadu National Park
Experience the best of the Kakadu with this one day tour visiting the Kakadu National Park. Be mesmerised as you walk around the base of the Nourlangie Rock Art Site, cruise Kakadu's most famous wetland on the Yellow Water Billabong and visit Warradjan Aboriginal Cultural Centre. The Kakadu National Park is absolutely beautiful and is home to a myriad of plants and wildlife including saltwater crocodiles, hundreds of bird species and thousands of different insects.
Your final day begins with time at leisure allowing you to wake up relax with some breakfast and a cup of coffee and laze by the pool if you like. Why not visit some of Darwin's most popular local sights including the Botanic Gardens, Chinese Temple, East Point Military Precinct, Stokes Hill Wharf, Mooring Basin and the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory.
This morning marks the end of your incredible holiday as you make your own way to the airport before catching your flight back home.
Terms & Conditions
- Please note that the prices shown here are not shown in real time.
- While we endeavour to keep our pricing as up-to-date as possible, the advertised prices shown here may differ from the live prices in our booking system.
- Offer subject to live availability at time of booking.
- Price advertised is based on 17 November 2019 departure only.
- Prices are per person share twin based on best available rail fare, inclusive of all discounts unless otherwise stated.
- All prices are correct at the time of writing, offers are subject to change.
- Package is based on 2 adults twin share.
- Price is valid for travel on the dates shown – alternative dates may be available at an additional cost.
- Hotel accommodation is based on lead in categories, upgrades are available at an additional cost.
- Rail is based on Gold Service twin share only. Upgrades maybe available at an additional price.
- Prices shown are for departure from Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne or Adelaide only. For other cities please contact TravelOnline.
- Extending your stay may be available at an additional cost.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure booking details are correct and all passenger names are correct and match passports.
- Name changes and booking changes incur penalties.
- All components including Rail, Accommodation, Tours and flights are subject to price and schedule changes without notice and subject to availability.
- Items of a personal nature are not included.
- Images are representative of the destinations and are indicative only.
- Terms and conditions apply to all bookings.
- It is the responsibility of the client to request and familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions for their particular Rail Journey & associated travel.
- This fine print should be read in conjunction with the TravelOnline terms and Conditions.