Experience the grandeur of The Great Land on this 13 Day Alaskan Fly, Stay & Cruise Tour Package. Enjoy the luxury of a week-long cruise through the glacial waters of Alaska, experiencing the untamed beauty of Denali and awe-inspiring wildlife that delivers a deep understanding of the real Alaska.
Starting in Vancouver, you'll have one night to rest up and do a bit of sightseeing before boarding the stunning ms Noordam. Over the next seven days you'll make your way north through the glacial waters of Alaska and experience the pure untouched beauty of this rugged wonderland.
On land you will stay in the heart of Denali National Park at the stunning McKinley Chalet Resort. Be treated to a Tundra Wilderness Tour, your best chance at spotting Alaska’s Big 5: dall sheep, caribou, moose, grey wolves and grizzlies. Travel by glass domed rail back to Anchorage for an overnight stay before flying down to spend your last evening in the bustling metropolis of Seattle.
- Witness the incredible power of mother nature as you watch the process of "calving" up close from the comfort of your ship. This is an experience that needs to be seen to be believed
- Pay homage to one of the world's greatest cruising routes as you sail past glacier-cut fjords and the lush temperate rain forests of the Inside Passage
- Be the envy of all your friends when you return home with snaps of Alaska's "big five"; Grizzly Bears, Moose, Dall Sheep, Caribou & Grey Wolves! Not to mention the chance to see Porpoise, Humpbacks and Orca among countless other marine species!
- Enjoy the awe-inspiring scenery of the World-Heritage listed Glacier Bay and the rare opportunity to walk on a constantly moving glacier
- Wide variety of shore excursions available
Upgrades are available upon request at an additional cost. Ask one of our Travel Experts when enquiring for more information.
- Economy class airfare from Australia to Vancouver returning from Seattle (includes checked baggage)
- 1 night, 4-star accommodation in Vancouver
- 7 night Inside Passage cruise on ms Noordam from Vancouver to Seward
- Most meals & entertainment while onboard
- Port charges, fees and airport taxes
- 2 nights at McKinley Chalet Resort in Denali
- Tundra Wilderness Tour
- 1 day rail pass on McKinley Explorer from Denali to Anchorage
- 1 night accommodation in Anchorage
- 1 night accommodation in Seattle
- All required transfers
- All admissions and national park fees
Fly to Vancouver
Depart Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane to Vancouver - on arrival be met by your driver and be transferred to your centrally located hotel (just 300 metres from the cruise terminal). Relax, unwind and get some rest after your flight.
Vancouver - board ms Noordam
The morning is yours to explore this amazing city at leisure. A Canadian province of British Columbia, Vancouver is a shining light in the American Northwest and is consistently ranked one of the world's most livable cities. Your ship departs at 4.30pm.
Scenic Cruising the Inside Passage
Arguably one of the greatest cruising routes in the world, the Inside Passage stretches from Misty Fjords National Monument to famed Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve, encountering many stunning landscapes along the way. Sailing the Inside Passage offers opportunities to spot some of Alaska’s most iconic wildlife, with humpback whales and orca plying the bountiful waters alongside the ships, bald eagles soaring overhead and brown bears lumbering on the shoreline.
Alaska’s “First City” of Ketchikan is so named because it’s the first major landfall for most cruisers as they enter the picturesque fjords of the Inside Passage. It is also one of the best spots along the Inside Passage to explore the rich cultural sights of Native Alaskan nations like the Tlingit, Haida and Tsimshian.
Surrounded by water, forest and mountain sights, visitors seeking things to do in Juneau can hike a glacier, eat fresh-caught fish on a seaside patio and tour a grand capitol building all in one day.
At the height of the Klondike Gold Rush, the port town of Skagway served as the primary gateway to the legendary gold fields and quickly grew into Alaska’s largest settlement. At every turn, find yourself immersed in gold rush lore, from the infamous Red Onion Saloon that still keeps a pistol that Wyatt Earp left behind en route to the Klondike, the White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad.
Frosted crags descend into mossy forests and a 457-metre deep fjord at this World Heritage Site, which is also one of the planet’s largest biosphere reserves. Here stone, ice and water collide, sculpting a dramatic landscape that is the crown jewel of southeastern Alaska’s natural wonders.
Make sure to pack warm and waterproof gear, along with binoculars, so you can belly up to a railing and enjoy the expansive views.
Seward - Disembark ms Noordam
Travel by coach to Denali and check into McKinley Chalet Resort, the gateway to Denali National Park and home to the highest mountain in North America as well as Alaska's Big Five: grizzly bears, caribou, dall sheep, wolves and moose.
Denali National Park
Denali National Park is the first and last stop on any adventure into Alaska’s wild. At some 24,500 square kilometers (or 6 million acres) including the surrounding preserve, it is the third-largest national park in the United States. This afternoon be treated to a guided Tundra Wilderness Tour into the Park for amazing wildlife viewing experiences.
Denali - Talkeetna - Anchorage
Today ride on the McKinley Explorer® glass-domed railcars as you leave Denali and make your way south to Anchorage. Call in to explore the quaint little town of Talkeetna before arriving in Anchorage where you will be transferred to your hotel for the night.
Anchorage to Seattle
This morning you will transfer to the airport for your flight to Seattle. Upon arrival you will be taken to your hotel and have the evening to enjoy at your leisure.
Fly to Australia
This morning marks the end of your amazing holiday as you are transferred to the airport for your return flight back to Australia.
Terms & Conditions
- All prices are correct at the time of writing, offers are subject to change.
- Please note that the prices shown here are not shown in real time. While we endeavour to keep our pricing as up-to-date as possible, the advertised prices shown here may differ from the live prices in our booking system.
- Package is based on twin share.
- Offer is subject to live availability at time of booking.
- Hotel and cruise accommodation is based on category specified, upgrades maybe available at an additional cost.
- Extending your stay may be available at an additional cost.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure booking details are correct and all passenger names are correct and match passports. Name changes and booking changes incur penalties.
- Price advertised is based on 11 May 2019 departure only! Other dates available and may incur a surcharge.
- Cruises, packages and flights are subject to price and schedule change without notice and subject to availability.
- Items of a personal nature are not included.
- Images are representative of the destinations and are indicative only.
- Full payment is due no later than the 15th of February 2019 after which cancellation conditions apply.
- On-board service charges are not included in the rates.
- Some prices are subject to currency fluctuations Prices are per person share twin (unless stated as quad, single or triple) based on best available cruise fare, inclusive of all discounts unless otherwise stated.
- Outside prices may reflect obstructed cabins. Unless otherwise stated, gratuities are NOT included. Some cruise lines reserve the right to impose a fuel levy if the NMEX price reaches a certain level - please check with your consultant at time of booking.
- Cruise deposit, amendment and cancellation conditions apply. All bonus credit offers are non-refundable, not-transferrable and not redeemable as cash onboard. Any unused credits will be forfeited on final night. Onboard credits may be withdrawn by cruise line without prior notice. Any free tours that may be offered are not refundable or transferrable and no refund will be given if not utilised.
- All passports, vaccinations and visas are the responsibility of the travelling guest to secure prior to departure from Australia. All airfare/taxes are due in full 24 hours from reservation and strict cancellation/change fees apply.
- Hotel stays may be based on instant purchase offers which may require full payment at time of booking. All hotel bookings are subject to amendment/cancellation conditions. Offer can be withdrawn from sale at any time without notice.
- Terms and conditions apply to all bookings. It is the responsibility of the client to request and familiarise themselves with the terms and conditions for their particular Cruise & associated travel. This fine print should be read in conjunction with the: TravelOnline terms and Conditions.